How Outbound Scrubbing works
Need to set up Outbound Scrubbing
There are seven sub-tabs under Outbound Scrubbing.
Depending on your selection, the following tabs are available when the Inbound or the Outbound Scrubbing tab is selected at top of the Customer View panel:
This tab allows technical users to manage the IP addresses of “Mail Servers” that are allowed to relay out through the SMX email platform.
How to add new Mail Servers
1. Click on the <New Mail Server> button
2. Enter the IP address for the mail server and then click <Save>
You can later modify the IP address that is provisioned by clicking on the <Open Mail Server> button and then clicking <Edit>. Click the <Save> button to commit your change.
This tab allows users to manage their outgoing email “Footer”. This gives users with the technical role the ability to add “Mail Footer“ to their outbound emails based on the “Mail Servers” that an email is sent from.
1. New “Mail Footers” are added by clicking on the <Footer> button
2. Enter a “Footer Name” for the “Footer” then click <Save>.
Each “Footer” has a plain text version and an HTML version which are initially created without any content.
Use the options available in the “Edit Toolbar” to customize the look and feel of your HTML “Footer”. The HTML version of a “Mail Footer” is able to contain special text formatting. It can also include HTML hyperlinks by highlighting text, clicking the <Hyperlink> button in the “Edit Toolbar” and entering a URL to be linked to.
The HTML source can be edited directly by clicking the <Source Edit> button in the “Edit Toolbar”.
Some info on Mail Footer
- Each “Footer” can be configured to apply to all or any number of selected “Mail Servers”.
- There is no limit to the number of “Mail Footers” and they can be assigned to individual “Mail Servers”, groups of “Mail Servers” or all “Mail Servers” for a customer.
- If multiple “Mail Footer“ have been associated with the same mail server then each “Footer” will be appended to an email in a top down “Footer Name” order as listed.
- Users can change the “Footer Name” order and hence control the order that each “Footer” appears at the end of an email.