Nature of Update
Confirmed this is still active process
Date of Revision
How to set up SMX Outbound Rules
How can I set up outbound smart rules
The Outbound Rules tab provides access to SmartRules that affect outbound email flow only.
From within this view, you have the ability to create and manage Rule Sets and the individual rules
within those Rule Sets.
Applying Outbound Rule Sets to Mail Servers/Domains
Outbound Rule Sets can be applied to certain mail servers, to all mail servers or no mail servers
(effectively disabling the rule set).
1. Select the Rule Set to apply (single-clicking to highlight the row of the Rule Set)
2. Click the Mail servers tab to show the listed Mail Servers.
3. Tick the Mail Servers to which the Rules Set is to apply, then Save.
Putting a tick in the ‘Apply to all Mail Servers’ box forces this rule set to apply to all Servers configured
on your account.
After clicking on Mail Servers tab, the rule set looks like below image.
Disabling Outbound Rule Set
1. Select the Rule Set (single-click to highlight the row of the Rule Set)
2. Click the Mail Servers tab to show the list of Mail Servers.
3. From the same screenshot as above, untick ‘Apply to all Mail Servers’ (i.e. do not assign any Mail
Servers to the Rule Set), Save.
Adding Outbound predefined rule
It is similar to adding Inbound predefined rule except that Outbound Rules tab must be selected before
creating a new SmartRule.
EST. TIME TO